Sunday 13 July 2014

On fear

Love is what we were born with. Fear is what we learned here.

Marianne Williamson


How could I write about fear without referring back to A Return to Love? The book about miracles, a beautiful reminder of a little shift in perception needed to experience heaven on Earth.

And that shift is made when we decide to live from the place of love instead of fear. 

Fear is a huge topic that I can't even aim to cover in one short post. And so is Love. Frankly, I wanted to write about love. Deep inside, I feel like writing about love every week as I sit down with my notes and ideas. And in a way I do write about it and its many many forms. I write about life.


What drives our fears, where do they come from and why do they stay with us for so long?


I used to be a very fearful person. Now, looking back, I believe it was all meant to be for me to learn a lot about love actually. I feared change, unknown, unexpected, uncomfortable. And one by one, I was given an opportunity to experience them all so that I could understand how weak excuse a fear is in the end. Fear indeed is just a mist blurring our vision but there is nothing really to it if you decide to walk through it.


Fear is all about separation, scarcity, inability. Separation from God, source, love and one another. Scarcity in what we need, want and desire. Our own inability to create the life we came here to experience and share. If we learn, remember, the oneness of all that is, abundance that is always present, and our own ability to love and be loved, we have no other choice but forgive those who hurt us, embrace what scares us, smile at the world as it is, and take the responsibility to do what we know we can without excuse or apology.

When you shift your attention from yourself to others with an open heart, you start noticing beautiful connections that exist at any moment of your life. 

...I keep thinking why we turned love into something we are ashamed to talk about, and even worse, express. Being able to perceive and give love in whatever form it can take became something that makes us feel small and weak. Isn't that the greatest courage after all?

Camino Called Life


So, here it is, I did end up writing about love after all. In fact, I am not sure one can understand and overcome fear without welcoming love in the process. I guess the greatest fear we hold is not seeing love for what it really is; oneness, abundance, ability to see ourselves (and let others see us) as we are. 


"Don't forget you can change anything you want! You are not what you have learned to be." said Manuel with the last hug and a gentle kiss on my cheek that morning. My eyes were filled with tears and my heart with love and hope. What he said that morning has stayed with me since then; the little insignificant act of love, the seed of change watered and slowly growing within. Camino Called Life

We learned to fear but that's not who we are! Life doesn't come with fear but it does come from love.

The only thing you regret in the end is falling for someone's definition of love instead of exploring its infinite potential. It is, not saying "I love you" to people who should have heard it from you. Camino Called Life


No comments:

Post a Comment