Sunday 3 August 2014

On challenge

“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.” 
Marianne Williamson 

I am at the airport hotel tonight still helplessly and gratefully lost in the week I spent here in England, trying to understand the life and boundaries, form and freedom. What I experienced here at Lifeways deserves one whole post (at least) but firstly I need to spend some time with it alone.

Too tired I will only share my epiphany from yesterday!

Deep inside, my soul knows what it came here to experience and share. Deep inside, I am aware of my gifts and talents, my shadows and power too. Deep inside, I know what my challenge here is.

Sometime ago I wrote (and I still believe it is true in that way) that our passions are not random, they are our calling, purpose in life. This week I came to realize that our passions can also be what we mastered many lives ago and can use for the growth now. Passion does not necessarily have to be difficult to achieve. 

Challenge is in the way we use the passion for the purpose we have.

 A few years ago my friend asked me what it is I am running away from. "Nothing, I am not running away from anything." I said and I convinced myself as well. 
When I feel restless, uneasy, stuck or lost, I travel!
Yes, I leave and run away. Travelling is easy for me. Staying is a challenge. And I kept avoiding it until now. 
Whatever the purpose is, it needs to bear fruits for others as well. I didn't give my roots chance to grow deep and strong. 

                                             Happiness is homemade!

No comments:

Post a Comment