Friday 10 October 2014

On faith

"Faith is an unreserved opening of the mind to the truth, whatever it may turn out to be. Faith has no preconceptions; it is a plunge into the unknown. Belief clings, but faith lets go." Allan Watts

Pat Schneider wrote once that the writing has demanded of her honesty, courage, listening, and waiting. I wrote that down because I couldn't agree more with her on that. And I also wrote that down because I felt there is more to it than just "writing".

Almost seven months ago I decided to start witting regularly. I decided that I would write every Sunday no matter what. You may wonder what it has to do with faith but it actually does! Almost seven months ago it was more than decision to write, it was an act of faith in Divine as well as myself! I have faith in my courage and honesty to share whatever I experience. I manifest my faith in being able to listen attentively for stories and words to use. And I have faith in Divine timing, waiting patiently every week for the "theme" to be revealed. 
And it is as simple as that: every week, my "job" is to be open, attentive, and to simply live fully present. And every week I "let go of" my writing until Sunday when I sit down and write. And I write as honestly as I can. 
For the first few weeks I had moments when I found myself anxious or worried if there would be "something" to write about next week. I tried to have it under control and was consciously looking for inspiration everywhere just to find out I lost most of the week in searching.

Faith indeed is about courage, honesty, listening, and waiting!

I friend of mine asked me if I ever get writer's block. "I did use to have it in the past" I replied. " But not really any more. I guess I just let go of desire to write about something and rather just started to write." It took me some time but I have faith, I know I will write about something but I understand that stillness and waiting come before; clearing the space for that "about" to fill it in. And discipline is a part of that. You wait first but then you start writing and have faith there always will be the reflection in the still waters to write about. And in such discipline the faith is fully manifested!

"As the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without deeds is dead." James 2:26

"It is said that when one door closes, another opens and new opportunities arise. It is also said that to welcome new in our lives we have to be willing to empty the space of the old. 
It is not always easy because we are scared of that emptiness; scared there might not be another chance to fill it. Nothing in the universe is ever empty.  Actually, it is just the process of replacing one with another." Camino Called Life

What is it you cling on to and can't let go of just because you desire it most? Be brave, honest, open, and patient! Just try once, and then again! And soon you may find yourself swimming in the waters of your desire, or something even better than you imagined.

No comments:

Post a Comment